The busy lives of two women and their four kids. I'm Sandi and my partner is Jo. Our kids are Jen (15yrs) Jessica (6yrs) Taryn (6yrs) and Toby (newborn). Life is never dull.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Moments like these...

Life is a series of moments. Here are a few highlights of the previous couple of days. Feels like I have some energy to chronicle them.

  • Jess asking for some chocolate, (which she can't have as it causes great intenstinal distress for her,) and being offered a caramel toffee instead. Taking one bite / lick and spitting it out with an, "Euuuchh! No like that! I want chocolate please!"
  • Taryn helping me make the beds tonight by bringing me her pillowcase with the cabbage-patch dolls on it and announcing she'd got the 'dollies one'. :D
  • Jess unloading the whole cupboard of videos and dvd's to get the the one at the back she wanted. Coming to us and asking for, "want tv please." Us telling her to go pack away the piles of videos and dvd's on the floor first and her going and doing it!
  • Jen stepping up to the responsibility of her debating team mates and presenting her portion of the debate tonight despite being sick with the flu'. I was so proud of her!
  • Jess finally understanding the concept of 'different' when presented with 3 alike objects and one odd one out. Whoo hoo!!
  • Watching Taryn and Jess playing pretend together.
  • Hearing Taryn and Jess saying sorry and please and thankyou to each other as a usual, normal thing.
  • Taryn getting impatient with the help we were giving her with the computer mouse, and waving us away with a, "I do it myself!" So we did. And she did. She's actually moving the mouse and clicking accurately!

1 comment:

Pre Rain Man Autism said...

Rich From GLBT

Boy has she ever grown, and so cute!

I'm showing my age , I never got to play with a computer growing up color TV was the best we could do and then only some shows were in color. I swore at first glace on her computer screen was a buggs bunny character called Marvin the Martion, seem like someting else... SIgh Rich