Ok, Jo and I have set up a game plan for pottying. We looked at where Taryn's had most success with staying clean and dry. They were (in no particualar order)
- Praise, praise, praise
- Emphasising the 'big girl' idea
- Going bare-butt under a long dress whilst at home
- Bribery - aka choosing a prize from the prize box for poos in the toilet
- Taryn choosing when she needs to go, rather than reminders
She's an independent little miss (like her mummy!) and she hates being told to go. She needs to have the freedom to be able to choose when to go. But without the bare butt, she chooses to go in undies or a pullup. With the bare butt she takes herself off to the toilet and the first we know about it is after the fact as her little voice sings out, "I did a poo!" LOL So that's where we'll stay. We had success today!
Ahh, who thought I'd be blogging about the daily habits of one of our kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment