Life is still tiring, but not as much as the other day. However, I still want this kid potty-trained! She's driving me crazy! I know, I know, stay relaxed, don't let my frustration show, can't lead a horse to water - blah, blah, blah...
We're currently reading the potty book I wrote personally for Taryn every night two or three times in a row. She loves it, but still does a poo in her pullup or undies. Today I put her back in her cloth nappy (diaper for all you USA-ians and Canadians,) cover without any absorbant filling. She doesn't care if her pullup gets wet - it's so absorbant anyway. At least this *feels* wet and cold.
Seems she doesn't really care about staying dry or clean though. She doesn't care if she's all poo-ey, doesn't seems to care if she's wet. Bribing's not working. Praise isn't working. Nothing's working. And I don't know what else to do.
Geez, she starts kindy next year and she's not toilet trained yet. And then tonight I read some stories of kids who are turning 5 and not toilet trained yet and I'm thinking to myself - "Please, don't let Taryn be not trained by then!"
I'm going insane and I know she CAN do it, she used to be dry all day every day, and now she's not. I'm racking my brains and I just can't figure out WHY she won't. If I could just figure out why, then maybe I could fix it.
Sigh, maybe that's the point, maybe I'm not supposed to figure out why - maybe SHE is. If that's so, I wish she'd darn-well hurry up.
We're currently reading the potty book I wrote personally for Taryn every night two or three times in a row. She loves it, but still does a poo in her pullup or undies. Today I put her back in her cloth nappy (diaper for all you USA-ians and Canadians,) cover without any absorbant filling. She doesn't care if her pullup gets wet - it's so absorbant anyway. At least this *feels* wet and cold.
Seems she doesn't really care about staying dry or clean though. She doesn't care if she's all poo-ey, doesn't seems to care if she's wet. Bribing's not working. Praise isn't working. Nothing's working. And I don't know what else to do.
Geez, she starts kindy next year and she's not toilet trained yet. And then tonight I read some stories of kids who are turning 5 and not toilet trained yet and I'm thinking to myself - "Please, don't let Taryn be not trained by then!"
I'm going insane and I know she CAN do it, she used to be dry all day every day, and now she's not. I'm racking my brains and I just can't figure out WHY she won't. If I could just figure out why, then maybe I could fix it.
Sigh, maybe that's the point, maybe I'm not supposed to figure out why - maybe SHE is. If that's so, I wish she'd darn-well hurry up.

1 comment:
Potty training is the most single trying aspect of childhood I believe! What about if you backed off and just said to her that you were going to let her decide when she is ready? Maybe if you take all of the pressure off of her, she will step up to the plate?
Post a Comment