We've begun toilet training (again) with Taryn. She's back in undies for the day. She was completely dry but we were still battling the pooey undies. After 8mths of that I threw up my hands in despair and put her in pull-ups. Washing 2 to 3 pairs of pooey undies a day got old real fast. I'm still amazed I did it for 8mths day in, day out. But the time has come to try again. Taryn seems more agreeable to toiletting these days. I bought a new toilet seat with an integrated toddler seat that lifts up and down, so no more slipping toddler insert and no more toddler insert bowing into the toilet bowl (!) We've also tried the step stool with the toddler seat attatched (I think it's the Lipski seat) but that's even worse as it slipped around whilst she sat on it! She seems much more confident on this. By now, I think I've bought every damn toilet seat / insert / potty on the market. I finally found this one at our local hardware and supply store. It was cheaper than the Lipski seat and steps.
Wish us luck - we're going to need it! (Oh, and while you're at it - a few wishes for endless patience would be lovely too. *grin*)
Wish us luck - we're going to need it! (Oh, and while you're at it - a few wishes for endless patience would be lovely too. *grin*)



1 comment:
I'm right there with you. We just bought a special potty chair for Grant last night in hopes of sparking an interest in pooping in it. So far, he's willing to try, and he's very excited about peeing all by himself. We'll see.
Post a Comment