Today's stats:
weight - 1500gm (↓62gm) not a lot, but I wish it he was maintaining his weight
oxygen sats - 99-100% yay!
humidicrib temperature - 29º (↓1.5º) if he can get down to 28º he'll be ready to graduate from the humidicrib
It's a roller-coaster ride for me at the moment. I'm running between the hospital and trying to support Jo, managing the two girls and not letting them feel left out of the whole thing, AND trying to see Toby, all the while wanting to hold him, but knowing that if I do it's going to tire him out and exhaust him for breastfeeding with Jo. It's horrible being torn in a gazillion different directions. Whose needs wins? Right now it's the girls, Jo, Toby and then me. It's not a nice choice to be making and I hate it. I am consoling myself with the fact that Toby's energy levels will rise soon and he'll be able to get cuddles and feed too...
But, on a more positive note, I took Taryn and Jess to the beach this afternoon. As I sat on the sand and watched them play, I relaxed the most I have all week. Sleep has been elusive most of the week because I'm on high alert. It was nice to feel normal for an hour or two.
Taryn and Jess both had an absolute ball! Jess's preferred thing to do was play in the sand, creating patterns and building small piles of sand. Taryn's favoured things to do was throw sand and small rocks into the water. At some point she found a small piece of driftwood and threw that in too. Then she'd go and retrieve it by walking out to it and scoop it up. Neither girl had their bathers on, but they splashed around just the same.
I got some beautiful photos of them both.
Taryn's a poser for the camera:
Jessica has such a beautiful smile:
Taryn's favourite game:
Full speed ahead!
Jess building:
Almost time to go:
Keep saying those prayers everyone, they're obviously working. Hugs to everyone,
Sandi

No comments:
Post a Comment