The busy lives of two women and their four kids. I'm Sandi and my partner is Jo. Our kids are Jen (15yrs) Jessica (6yrs) Taryn (6yrs) and Toby (newborn). Life is never dull.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Can I panic now?

Actually, I don't even know where to start. But before I do, let me say that Jo's recovering now.

The day before yesterday Jo started getting significant pain in her abdomen. Yesterday morning her stitches gave way (internally and externally) and she was taken to emergency surgery to repair it all. I was so scared waiting for her to come out of surgery, I am so thankful she is recovering now. She's still in a lot of pain, it really does suck being unable to take codeine, morphine and pethidine. Fentanyl is her friend right now.

Family and friends have been wonderful. They took Taryn and Jess during the day and overnight so I could board in with Jo. Now I'm home I'm a bit of a mess just thinking about all the what ifs. Jo's on some pretty powerful antibiotics to ward off any impending infection.

Good news is that Toby has graduated from the intensive care nursery to the lower care neonate nursery. He's off nearly all his tube feeds, and Jo was able to express breast-milk for him last night. 6 days post caesarean and her milk finally comes in properly. She was so relieved.

And because Toby's in the lower care neonate nursery, he could finally come up to Jo's room for a cuddle with her:

No comments: